As the pressure to reduce costs and demonstrate real added value in critical functions such as HR, Finance and IS grows, functional leaders have increasingly turned their attention to building the capability of their "business partners" and the organisation in which they work. These partners (increasingly, "players" who contribute to the leadership of the business) have to understand business challenges, make the business case for key investments and be skilled at intervening to add measurable value. In some cases this role shift is a "bridge too far" and business partner capability needs to be seen as an organisation development challenge, not solely a management development one.
Here are a few examples of organisation critical challenges that we have worked alongside our clients to tackle:
- Establishing a new Organisation & People planning process aligned with the business plan to make HR Directors accountable for their added value contributions
- Assessing business partner capabilities across a population of FD's and creating a change road map to deliver the required shifts in behaviour and performance
- Working with an IT leadership team to develop the role and contributions of business unit IT Directors
- Developing the HR business partners role and capability across a global corporation
We work as expert guides with our clients to:
- Review and assess current business partner capability
- Create the functional change agenda, plans and priorities
- Design and facilitate development programmes and conferences
- Design and implement new functional planning and control processes
- Coach functional leaders on their role and behaviour to achieve specific performance or change goals
- Advise on functional changes, review progress and measure impact
The result of our work with functional leaders in this area is sustainable change in business partner capability to drive performance and deliver strategic change.
Value Partnership was recently sponsored to work with children's communication charity, I CAN. Find out how our consultants helped the CEO and her Leadership Team to execute their business model and hear from our sponsor, Susan Hitch and the CEO, Virginia Beardshaw.
Read our latest blog as we embark on new research into the CEO Squeeze...and if you would like to take part, please get in touch.
We have now completed our series of 4 research reports - we'd love to hear your feedback.
You can also watch a video presentation, which highlights some of our research findings.
Our blog site has been up and running for a few months and we're getting some great feedback, so do sign up (you can opt out at any time)
Meet the team and find out more about what can we do for your organisation.
Listen to what our friends and clients think of Value Partnership.
Watch our videos and do get in touch if you have any questions or feedback.
As part of our growth vision for Value Partnership, we are continuing to build the capacity of our core team and are currently looking for an experienced new consultant who can contribute to the leadership of the practice.