There are times when businesses have to face up to the need for a significant change in their organisation's capability as a result of new strategies and performance pressures. Organisational capabilities can drive the achievement of desired results - or block them. A priority might be to enter a new market and a goal to achieve substantial growth in market share within a year. However, if the business has little experience in the market and a poor track record in entering new markets this goal will be hard to achieve in the timescale.
In 2012 our aim has been to progress our thinking and practise in change leadership to better serve our clients. Our research, "Leading change in uncertain time: Are you ready? Is your organisation ready?" was initiated for that very reason. If you lead change in your organisation and are interested in how other organisations are responding to the uncertainties they face, click above and take a few minutes to hear key insights gained from our recent research. An article will also be published this summer and will be available via our website.
Here are a few examples of organisation critical challenges that we have worked alongside our clients in various sectors to tackle:
- Building a powerful and unifying brand in the minds of employees and customers
- Mobilising leaders and the workforce to focus on new performance imperatives
- Enabling a new pan-European business structure to improve consistency, reduce duplication and deliver focused business solutions with local units
- Improving decision-making and accountability to execute business plans
- Creating a culture to support the delivery of growth and a doubling of profitability
- Organising the corporate centre to support value creation in the businesses
- Maintaining market leadership and improving profitability by re-organising to enhance customer value and productivity
We work as expert guides with our clients to:
- Review the situation and mobilise organisational leaders
- Create the organisational change agenda, plans and priorities
- Develop and deliver global conferences to create shared goals
- Design and facilitate the required learning and change
- Sustain momentum until changes are embedded
- Evaluate progress, learn from experience and recognise success
The result of our work with business leaders in this area is real and lasting change in organisational capability to drive performance and deliver strategic change.
We have now published the first three articles in our series of 4 research reports, with the final one coming this Summer.
You can also watch a video presentation, which highlights some of our research findings.
Our blog site has been up and running for a few months and we're getting some great feedback, so do sign up (you can opt out at any time)
This year we chose ‘Pathways from Poverty’ as our charity. This charity focuses on business creation initiatives on the ground in Kenya to create micro businesses so that people who are trapped by economic hardship can be given fresh pathways of choice enabling them to utilise their skills and gifts.
Meet the team and find out more about what can we do for your organisation.
Listen to what our friends and clients think of Value Partnership.
Watch our videos and do get in touch if you have any questions or feedback.
As part of our growth vision for Value Partnership, we are continuing to build the capacity of our core team and are currently looking for an experienced new consultant who can contribute to the leadership of the practice.