New strategies and performance pressures demand new responses from leaders, both individually and collectively. Capabilities that served them well in the past can become limitations. Leaders have to rethink their priorities, adopt new ways of thinking and planning, and aim at new measures of success. The relationships and skills they need are new and different from the management of "business as usual".
Here are a few examples of organisation critical challenges that we have worked alongside our clients in various sectors to tackle:
- Building change leadership capability throughout the senior management population to deliver defined project benefits in support of a new business strategy and change programme
- Developing global business unit executive team capability: strategic perspective, achievement focus and decision making to lead a step change in performance
- Growing high potential managers to be capable of contributing to higher business performance and the trans-national integration of businesses under a new brand
- Coaching teams of high potential managers to lead "breakthrough" projects sponsored by the Board
- Enabling a new COO to establish strong relationships, become effective and have a rapid impact on business performance
Supporting a CEO to become more effective at both leading his team and working with team members individually as a coach and sounding board.
We work as expert guides with our clients to:
- Review and define the business purpose of development plans - and the leadership responses that would characterise success
- Build commitment to the need for new contributions from leaders
- Create bespoke programmes and interventions to address specific business challenges
- Tutor, coach and facilitate learning focused on performance
- Work one-to-one with senior leaders on their performance challenges
- Advise on organisation developments that will support effective leadership
- Evaluate the progress of leaders, review the lessons and adapt
The result of our work with leaders in this area is real and lasting change in leadership capability to drive performance and deliver strategic change.
We have now completed our series of 4 research reports - we'd love to hear your feedback.
You can also watch a video presentation, which highlights some of our research findings.
Our blog site has been up and running for a few months and we're getting some great feedback, so do sign up (you can opt out at any time)
This year we chose ‘Pathways from Poverty’ as our charity. This charity focuses on business creation initiatives on the ground in Kenya to create micro businesses so that people who are trapped by economic hardship can be given fresh pathways of choice enabling them to utilise their skills and gifts.
Meet the team and find out more about what can we do for your organisation.
Listen to what our friends and clients think of Value Partnership.
Watch our videos and do get in touch if you have any questions or feedback.
As part of our growth vision for Value Partnership, we are continuing to build the capacity of our core team and are currently looking for an experienced new consultant who can contribute to the leadership of the practice.